Discussion: New format for DWTS?Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 8 posts
jakefwp
jakefwp
New format for DWTS?
Jul 19 2009, 1:31 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 19 2009, 1:31 PM EDT
E! Online is reporting that Dancing With The Stars might have 16 (!) celebrities next season instead of the usual 13, and they'll eliminate two couples each week for the first several weeks. Seems like it might be a little too chaotic, and harder to get to know the stars during the season. What do you think? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: season 9
brunofan
brunofan
1. RE: New format for DWTS?
Jul 19 2009, 9:02 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 19 2009, 9:02 PM EDT
the more stars the better! Do you find this valuable?    
BrandonE
BrandonE
2. RE: New format for DWTS?
Jul 19 2009, 11:20 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 19 2009, 11:20 PM EDT
Well Tom is announcing the celebs on August 17th, on Good Morning America. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
SuzP
SuzP
3. RE: New format for DWTS?
Jul 23 2009, 6:00 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 23 2009, 6:00 AM EDT
I think it is great! I am with brunofan, the more the better! Oh...and of course, let's have Greg Louganis as one of them :) Join our FB group..1000 plus member in under a week! (Greg Louganis for DWTS) 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

bah1214
4. RE: New format for DWTS?
Aug 11 2009, 3:25 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 11 2009, 3:25 PM EDT
I think it is great that the show is that popular, but I think that 16 contestants and no extra time is a bad idea. It sometimes takes the celebrities a few weeks before they get comfortable and show what they really can do, but if you are eliminating two couples a week you would never know how good someone might become. Do you find this valuable?    
BrandonE
BrandonE
5. RE: New format for DWTS?
Aug 11 2009, 8:20 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 11 2009, 8:20 PM EDT
The Executive producer has said that 16, yes 16 conestants will be on the show, and halfway through the season, double-elimination's will occur. Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
6. RE: New format for DWTS?
Aug 12 2009, 6:38 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 12 2009, 6:38 AM EDT
"The Executive producer has said that 16, yes 16 conestants will be on the show, and halfway through the season, double-elimination's will occur."
It's too bad that they aren't planning on doing the double eliminations earlier on in the show.... so the not-so-good dancers could be eliminated, and we could get to enjoy the better dancers longer.
Do you find this valuable?    
jakefwp
jakefwp
7. RE: New format for DWTS?
Aug 12 2009, 8:09 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 12 2009, 8:09 AM EDT
At the end of the season when they have everyone come back, I always look back at the first two or three couples eliminated and think, "Oh yeah, they were on the show!" Seems like that will be even more the case now with 16 couples. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)