Discussion: Week 9!Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 20 of 20  |  Show  posts at a time
jakefwp
jakefwp
Week 9!
May 4 2009, 12:23 PM EDT | Post edited: May 4 2009, 12:23 PM EDT
OK, is there any reason -- potential injuries aside -- to expect that this isn't Ty's last week on the show? I mean, I like the guy, but come on...

Speaking of injuries, though, check out what Derek posted on his Twitter account yesterday:

"Hurt my knee really really bad today... Can barely walk hopefully it will heal in time for Monday..."

:O
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: derek hough ty murray

offwithherhead
1. RE: Week 9!
May 4 2009, 6:28 PM EDT | Post edited: May 4 2009, 6:28 PM EDT
Totally agree jakefwp...this is definitely Ty's week to go! He gives it his all, but at some point drive and desire just can't compete with sheer talent. He has been a great addition to the show...he has a great personality....he has a wicked sense of humour....but he can't dance well. He has definitely improved from the first show, but not enough to win. Bye, bye, Ty!! Do you find this valuable?    
jakefwp
jakefwp
2. RE: Week 9!
May 4 2009, 8:54 PM EDT | Post edited: May 4 2009, 8:54 PM EDT
Well, the scores definitely point to this. He'll need a big fan vote to save him. Not that we haven't seen that before.... Is there really a chance that he could edge out Kim based on the fan vote? Do you find this valuable?    
brunofan
brunofan
3. RE: Week 9!
May 5 2009, 7:10 AM EDT | Post edited: May 5 2009, 7:10 AM EDT
ty lasted a lot longer than anyone thought he would. he's funny, but gilles, melissa, shawn and kim would be the right final four. Do you find this valuable?    
eguy
eguy
4. RE: Week 9!
May 5 2009, 7:41 AM EDT | Post edited: May 5 2009, 7:41 AM EDT
I think Ty might stick around. Only because his story is compelling, he's a hardworker and that totally feeds into the reality show concept that the average joe can be a star. He's also got a killer personality. Chelsea needs to bring a DUDE into practice so Ty can mimic him. The week that Ty practiced with the professional guys for Team Tango was his best week. Do you find this valuable?    
BrandonE
BrandonE
5. RE: Week 9!
May 5 2009, 2:28 PM EDT | Post edited: May 5 2009, 2:28 PM EDT
Yeah Ty isn't a Latin dancer, so this looks like its his time to go. Who will join him the bottom 2? Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
6. RE: Week 9!
May 5 2009, 5:01 PM EDT | Post edited: May 5 2009, 5:01 PM EDT
OMG...OMG....OMG!!!!!!! How does this kind of thing happen?????? Ty really needs to go home...not L'il Kim!! ~jaw drops to floor~!!!!!!! Do you find this valuable?    
lovepopsuicide
lovepopsuicide
7. RE: Week 9!
May 5 2009, 5:13 PM EDT | Post edited: May 5 2009, 5:13 PM EDT
"OMG...OMG....OMG!!!!!!! How does this kind of thing happen?????? Ty really needs to go home...not L'il Kim!! ~jaw drops to floor~!!!!!!!"
I completely agree. How did this happen? Even Ty and Chelsie looked shocked, and the audience booed. Just...HOW????

offwithherhead
8. RE: Week 9!
May 5 2009, 5:23 PM EDT | Post edited: May 5 2009, 5:23 PM EDT
They did look shocked lovepopsuicide! That's because there is no way on earth they deserved to stay...why can't people vote for the BEST dancers...it's not a difficult concept! Wow...this will make next week really interesting, because of L'il Kim got voted out over Ty, I think that Shawn might be in some real danger next week. Do you find this valuable?    
jakefwp
jakefwp
9. RE: Week 9!
May 5 2009, 8:29 PM EDT | Post edited: May 5 2009, 8:29 PM EDT
"Wow...this will make next week really interesting, because of L'il Kim got voted out over Ty, I think that Shawn might be in some real danger next week."
Was wondering the same thing! If it happened this week, it certainly could happen next week. Feels kind of like the Marie Osmond saga from a few seasons ago. The difference in the judges' scores will have to be a lot bigger to overcome the fan vote...

Such a bummer. Kim was so fun to watch.
BrandonE
BrandonE
10. RE: Week 9!
May 5 2009, 8:37 PM EDT | Post edited: May 5 2009, 8:37 PM EDT
Dang that was a total shock to me! Do you find this valuable?    
lovepopsuicide
lovepopsuicide
11. RE: Week 9!
May 6 2009, 2:51 AM EDT | Post edited: May 6 2009, 2:51 AM EDT
"why can't people vote for the BEST dancers...it's not a difficult concept! "
Exactly! That's what I still don't get. I like Ty, but as a dancer, he should have been gone before now.I wasn't worroed about Shawn before, but now I am....
eguy
eguy
12. RE: Week 9!
May 6 2009, 7:38 AM EDT | Post edited: May 6 2009, 7:38 AM EDT
I knew it! Mwahahaha. I knew Ty wasn't going home. I'm not like a fan or anything, but he is totally the American Dream, the little guy coming up from behind. They make Disney movies out of this stuff. I had a small feeling when Bruno said to Kim "you're a tramp" that America would be like "the tramp must go." Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
13. RE: Week 9!
May 6 2009, 10:58 AM EDT | Post edited: May 6 2009, 10:58 AM EDT
Well eguy, you certainly called that one!! I bow to your prowess...but please tell me that your crystal ball reveals Ty going home next week! lol. PLEASE!! Do you find this valuable?    
BrandonE
BrandonE
14. RE: Week 9!
May 6 2009, 1:52 PM EDT | Post edited: May 6 2009, 1:52 PM EDT
"Well eguy, you certainly called that one!! I bow to your prowess...but please tell me that your crystal ball reveals Ty going home next week! lol. PLEASE!!"
Please!
jakefwp
jakefwp
15. RE: Week 9!
May 6 2009, 7:43 PM EDT | Post edited: May 6 2009, 7:43 PM EDT
I have to agree with that! I really like Ty, but it won't be right if any of the rest leave before he does. I mean, Kim did leave the door open a little with her first dance. Do you find this valuable?    
eguy
eguy
16. RE: Week 9!
May 7 2009, 7:13 AM EDT | Post edited: May 7 2009, 7:13 AM EDT
"Well eguy, you certainly called that one!! I bow to your prowess...but please tell me that your crystal ball reveals Ty going home next week! lol. PLEASE!!"
My crystal ball is 50/50 Ty and Shawn. I would think she would trump Ty, but you never know.

offwithherhead
17. RE: Week 9!
May 7 2009, 5:34 PM EDT | Post edited: May 7 2009, 5:34 PM EDT
"My crystal ball is 50/50 Ty and Shawn. I would think she would trump Ty, but you never know. "
You can't hedge your bets now!! Shake that ball up or something!! lol
Photolady07
Photolady07
18. RE: Week 9!
May 9 2009, 7:15 PM EDT | Post edited: May 9 2009, 7:15 PM EDT
I think Shawn will go then Ty. That's my prediction. it may not be fair but Ill bet that is what happens. Do you find this valuable?    
jakefwp
jakefwp
19. RE: Week 9!
May 11 2009, 9:23 AM EDT | Post edited: May 11 2009, 9:23 AM EDT
New semifinals discussion here!

http://www.dwts.org/thread/2817135/Semifinals!

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)