Discussion: I love MaksReported This is a featured thread

Showing 2 posts
First_Marti
First_Marti
I love Maks
Mar 9 2009, 8:15 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 9 2009, 8:15 PM EDT
My favorite year was when he and Mel B. danced together. I hope he does well this year. Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: None

greenknees
1. RE: I love Maks
Oct 1 2009, 8:46 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 1 2009, 8:46 AM EDT
If you get to know him, you all will. Maksim's story is fascinating. He came to the US as a youth, having begun dance training in Ukraine at age four. Maks suffered a leg-shattering ski accident at about 14 years old, and was told he would not walk normally and never dance again. He showed his strong personal determination by proving the docs wrong and soon was winning competitions again.

Maksim competed internationally with great success until he decided to join DWTS to help promote ballroom dance through American TV. His appearances for DWTS have all been aimed at promoting ballroom dance in the USA as a healthful sport.

His ABC persona is only a defensive facade, I fear. Maksim is all heart and caring and talent behind the scenes. Yes, he's guilty of blunt statements that sometimes seem politically incorrect. On the other hand, he doesn't deceive anyone . . . he is totally honest and authentic, admirable in the la-la land of US entertainment.

Maksim is no rock star, by choice. He is a dancer, because he loves to dance. He is a businessman, promoting dance in general and his own studios in particular. He also is a dazzling showman and choreographer for ballroom dance shows. His productions range from intensely artistic to light comedy.

Don't just buy that phony persona that ABC has built for Maks. Take Tom Bergeron's assessment to heart, "Maks is tough on the outside but inside he's a marshmallow." Perhaps this fact is why he was chosen one of America's Most Eligible Bachelors by People magazine.

There is so much to love about Maksim . . .
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?