Discussion: Trapped in the closet with Donny OsmondReported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 18 of 18  |  Show  posts at a time
eguy
eguy
Trapped in the closet with Donny Osmond
Oct 13 2009, 11:55 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 13 2009, 11:55 AM EDT
Are you a closet Donny fan, a non-closeted Donny fan, or not a fan? Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: Donny Osmond

MillieStandridge
1. RE: Trapped in the closet with Donny Osmond
Oct 13 2009, 2:53 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 13 2009, 2:53 PM EDT
"Are you a closet Donny fan, a non-closeted Donny fan, or not a fan? "
I wished I was trapped in a closet with Donny Osmond. I have loved him since I was 8 years old. I am now 45 and I still think he is wonderful. It has been my life long dream to see him in person and maybe shake his hand and tell him how much I admire him. But sadly it appears this will never happen. I do however continue to dream that this may one day this dream may come true. I enjoy watching him dance, he has true talent and he truly wants to win this! I will forever be a die hard Donny Fan.....Go Donny.
Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
2. RE: Trapped in the closet with Donny Osmond
Oct 13 2009, 4:12 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 13 2009, 4:12 PM EDT
I am a non-closeted Donny Osmond fan. MillieStandridge and I are of the same generation, so I was a huge D.O. fan when I was young. And since he is my age, I was sure we were destined to be together forever. lol. I have always thought that he was a good person and he never became a celebrity nightmare. Although he is one of my favorites he is not top of my list. Do you find this valuable?    
jakefwp
jakefwp
3. RE: Trapped in the closet with Donny Osmond
Oct 13 2009, 4:21 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 13 2009, 4:21 PM EDT
I thought I was a closet Donny fan, but it turns out that I'm a non-closeted fan and I don't care who knows it. He really does seem like a good person, and he's goofy and cheesy in an old-fashioned way that I love. I'm glad he's a decent dancer, too, so I can root for him without feeling like I'm doing it just because I like him. Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
4. RE: Trapped in the closet with Donny Osmond
Oct 13 2009, 4:47 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 13 2009, 4:47 PM EDT
I am glad that I am actually enjoying him this season, because I was worried that Marie was still too close in my memory....I had really had my fill of her by the time her season was over. I really hope Donny keeps up the good work and lasts to the finals. Do you find this valuable?    
AiryFairyArms
AiryFairyArms
5. RE: Trapped in the closet with Donny Osmond
Oct 13 2009, 5:52 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 13 2009, 5:52 PM EDT
Donny has natural charisma and years of honed dance talent, so I guess the closet is open for me. Wish he would not keep pulling the "Perfectionist" attitude though, it's sort of neurotic and feels unhealthy, not to mentioned it's over-rated, all the celebrities try this from time-to-time. Even is you mis-step in practice or during the show Donny boy, please act like the the Vet that you are and pretend all of it it was natural, not like you just got busted... Do you find this valuable?    

AmyJoJaRo
6. RE: Trapped in the closet with Donny Osmond
Oct 14 2009, 4:34 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 14 2009, 4:34 AM EDT
I am a Donny Osmond fan since I first heard him sing. I don't watch television regularly, but I have so enjoyed Dancing with the Stars this season. I don't think that Donny has the sexy dance movements that some of the other stars demonstrate, but his overall phyical ability, stage presence and determination put him in the top 3. He has my vote every week. And, if I were ever trapped in a closet with him, I would literally die and go to heaven. Do you find this valuable?    
AiryFairyArms
AiryFairyArms
7. RE: Trapped in the closet with Donny Osmond
Oct 14 2009, 8:15 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 14 2009, 8:15 AM EDT
"Wish he would not keep pulling the "Perfectionist" attitude though, it's sort of neurotic and feels unhealthy, not to mentioned it's over-rated, all the celebrities try this from time-to-time."
That video clip they showed at the end of the result's show last night was classic! All the Dancers suffer stress, some deal with it more outwardly than others huh. Donny is not alone in his closet...
brunofan
brunofan
8. RE: Trapped in the closet with Donny Osmond
Oct 14 2009, 3:01 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 14 2009, 3:01 PM EDT
non-closeted! donny is the best thing about this season so far, except maybe kelly. Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
9. RE: Trapped in the closet with Donny Osmond
Oct 15 2009, 5:54 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 15 2009, 5:54 PM EDT
"non-closeted! donny is the best thing about this season so far, except maybe kelly."
I really like Donny too, but I have to ask you if you were a fan of Marie's when she was on? I used to really like her too, but by the end of the season I was totally over her. I don't think that wll be the case with Donny...he doesn't grate on your nerves.
jakefwp
jakefwp
10. RE: Trapped in the closet with Donny Osmond
Oct 19 2009, 8:29 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 19 2009, 8:29 PM EDT
Even more of a Donny fan now. He was so psyched about the 10's they got for their Argentine Tango. I agreed, he was totally in character. Awesome to see a goofy guy like that get serious. Do you find this valuable?    

debbiedo55
11. RE: Trapped in the closet with Donny Osmond
Oct 19 2009, 8:38 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 19 2009, 8:38 PM EDT
I have ALWAYS been a Donny & all the Osmonds fan, and have never cared who knew! My kids are named after 2 of them! I did meet Donny, the brothers, Marie, and parents a long time ago....in the 70's. Donny could have been a real poop about the teen idol thing and never was! All were gracious and funny, and I have pics of me with each one of them! Hope to see Donny and Marie in Vegas soon! Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
12. RE: Trapped in the closet with Donny Osmond
Oct 19 2009, 8:52 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 19 2009, 8:52 PM EDT
"Even more of a Donny fan now. He was so psyched about the 10's they got for their Argentine Tango. I agreed, he was totally in character. Awesome to see a goofy guy like that get serious."
Oh, totally! He was very good this week...he works so hard on this show. Hard to believe that he is doing this show while he and Marie have a show in Vegas. That is a full plate for anyone. And, yes. his reaction to the 10's was great....even Kym was surprised. They are a great team!

debbiedo55
13. RE: Trapped in the closet with Donny Osmond
Oct 19 2009, 9:08 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 19 2009, 9:08 PM EDT
"Donny has natural charisma and years of honed dance talent, so I guess the closet is open for me. Wish he would not keep pulling the "Perfectionist" attitude though, it's sort of neurotic and feels unhealthy, not to mentioned it's over-rated, all the celebrities try this from time-to-time. Even is you mis-step in practice or during the show Donny boy, please act like the the Vet that you are and pretend all of it it was natural, not like you just got busted..."
Donny, and all the Osmonds, were trained by their dad to be the "one take Osmonds". They all still deal with this. He just has to remind himself that perfectionism is ok as long as it doesn't interfere with your health...both physical and mental. Just do the best you can and have fun with it!
brunofan
brunofan
14. RE: Trapped in the closet with Donny Osmond
Oct 20 2009, 11:43 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 20 2009, 11:43 AM EDT
"I have to ask you if you were a fan of Marie's when she was on? I used to really like her too, but by the end of the season I was totally over her."
i felt that way too. she was a drama queen. donny is a ham, but he seems more sincere than marie did when she was on the show.

debbiedo55
15. RE: Trapped in the closet with Donny Osmond
Oct 20 2009, 12:28 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 20 2009, 12:28 PM EDT
Marie, at the time I met her, was a total drama queen....but she was only about 14 or 15. She seems much nicer to talk to now, and I someday would like the chance. But, of ALL the Osmonds I've met over the years, Donny has always been the nicest, most polite, and most sincere. Those who diss him...well, everyone is entitled to an opinion. Their parents didn't raise no dummies, and they certainly didn't raise rude, obnoxious, snotty people. To those who think Donny, and the others, have had no career since the 70's? Think again. Do your research, get the facts. Considering what the whole family has endured (because of their beliefs and image) I'm glad they have taken the high road. I'm only watching DWTS this year because of Donny. I will always be an Osmond fan, and proud of it! Do you find this valuable?    

AmyJoJaRo
16. RE: Trapped in the closet with Donny Osmond
Oct 20 2009, 1:09 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 20 2009, 1:09 PM EDT
I couldn't have said it better. Amen. Do you find this valuable?    
marybaker100859
marybaker100859
17. RE: Trapped in the closet with Donny Osmond
Oct 21 2009, 10:37 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 21 2009, 10:37 AM EDT
Yes I agree I wish he was not so hard on him self but that is how they were trained. Their dad always trained them to do it in just one take and that is how they are known for being the "One Take Osmonds", do it once and do it right the first time. As for the person or persons who refer to Marie as a "Drama Queen" when she was around 15 or 16 need to really know her history and what she was going through at that time and think about it now they may understand her better and why she may have come across like that when she really is not like that. OSMOND FAN FOREVER AND PROUD OF IT!!!! Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)