| | ~
Date of Birth: April 24, 1944
Place of Birth: Bethnal Green, London, England
Parents: Glen Goodman (father)
Louisa (Eldridge) Goodman (mother)
Spouse: Sue (wife)
Children: James WIlliam Goodman (son) from a previous relationship.
- Is an examiner for the National Association of Teachers of Dance.
- Is a Fellow of The Imperial Society of Teachers of Dance ~
- Is a member of The International Dance Teachers Association. ~
- Is an Adjudicator for the World Dance Council, British Dance Council, and Ballroom Dancers' Federation Internatiional.
- Is a founding member of the International Dancesport Judges and Trainers Association.
- Has received a UK Lifetime Achievement Award for his work in dancing.
- Has received a Carl Allen Award (considered the "Oscar" of the dancing world ).
- Has received many nominations, including an Emmy nomination, and awards for his work on the UK show Strictly Come Dancing, and Dancing With The Stars.
| More About Len:|
Dancing was not a part of Len's early life and career. He had started a career as an engineering apprentice. He injured his foot playing football when he was 19 years old, and it was only then that he took up dance in an attempt to help his foot heal.
Eventually, ballroom dancing became his career and he turned professional. His partner was Cherry Kingston, and he later married her. The marriage, ultimately, ended in divorce.
In the 1970's, Len opened a dance school in Dartford, Kent, England where he still lives today. During the 70's and 80's this dance school was host to a popular Saturday night youth disco which helped to keep the youth of this town out of trouble.