air dates: September 21, 22, 23 The fellas danced Monday, the ladies Tuesday, results on Wednesday when two couples were eliminated! Special events included a performance by the Broadway cast of "The Lion King," a premiere music video from Miley Cyrus, and a tribute to Patrick Swayze.
overview of this week's competition:
It was a double elimination week and the two pairs cut were Macy Gray & Jonathan Roberts, and Ashley Hamilton & Edyta Sliwinska.
judges' best quotes
- Len (to Chuck): "It was a little aggressive."
- Carrie Ann (to Tom DeLay): "That was surreal."
- Len (to Tom D): "Parts were magic, parts were tragic."
- Bruno (to Tom D): "You're crazier than Sarah Palin."
- Len (to Donny): "Too theatrical, too much razzmatazz"
- Bruno (to Kathy): "Salsa is sex, with no sex it doesn’t work."
- Len (to Mya): "This was not a Viennese Waltz; it was a theatrical hodgepodge."
- Carrie Ann (to Macy): "It was beautiful in its own bizarre way."
- Bruno (to Kelly): "I cannot believe my eyes. The wild child rock princess transformed."
|Donny's facial expressions|
|Michael Irvin'sIrvin's solo boogie|
|Tom DeLay lip-synching "Wild Thing"|
|Louie's backflip at the start of the group salsa|
|This group of people sitting on a couch with their arms around each other: Michael Irvin, Donny Osmond,Osmond, Louie Vito,Vito, Tom DeLay. Nowhere else on television....|
|Debi Mazar'sMazar's motormouth|
|Macy Gray breaks up the judges|
|Kelly runs to hug her parents after her waltz, everyone cries|
|Bruno calling Louie a "hobbit"|
|Nearly any moment involving Tom DeLay|
|Donny falling onto his battery pack|
|Samantha trying and failing to get the stars to bag on each other after the group dances|
| Bruno compliments Debi on working her "bazooms" |
|Len and Bruno brawl over Dmitry's choreography|
|WhatWhatever Macy Gray said to break up the judges|
next on dwts
|• Week 2: Quickstep, Jive and Tango!|